Prenatal Yoga. Prepare your body and mind for childbirth, bond with your baby, and meet other women who are experiencing pregnancy. Benefits of prenatal yoga include improved sleep, reduced stress and anxiety, strengthening of muscles needed for childbirth, improved posture, decreased lower back pain and shortness of breath, decreased risk of preterm labor and other conditions – and much more!
- Sundays, 3:00-4:00 p.m., at Surya Yoga, 5001 N. Mesa St, Ste. 2-B, El Paso, TX 79912. This class runs as a series. Please contact the studio for most recent series dates.
Toddler and Me Yoga. A fun, bonding class for tots ages crawling through 3, and an adult guardian, providing age-appropriate movements and games that contribute to a developing child’s health and contentment.
- Thursdays, 11:00-11:45 a.m., at Surya Yoga, 5001 N. Mesa St, Ste. 2-B, El Paso, TX 79912. This class runs as a series. Please contact the studio for most recent series dates.
Restore + Meditate. These meditative and deeply relaxing yoga classes are accessible for beginner students, while providing a grounding practice to intermediate and advanced practitioners. Restorative yoga involves poses supported by props such as bolsters, blocks, blankets, and chairs, held for several minutes. We close with a short meditation, which may involve visualizations, yogic breathing exercises, mudras, and/or mantras.
- Sundays, 5:00-6:30 p.m., at Surya Yoga, 5001 N. Mesa St, Ste. 2-B, El Paso, TX 79912.
Additional yoga instruction available including:
- Baby and Me Yoga
- Yoga for Kids
- Yoga for Women’s Health
- Yoga for Chronic Diseases
- Yoga for Anxiety and Depression
- Introduction to Yoga & Yoga Philosophy
I do not teach yoga to diagnose, treat, or cure health conditions. However, yoga can improve general health and well-being in people with health conditions in a manner that is safe and avoids injury to the body.
Partial List of Past Clients
I have designed and provided custom yoga instruction for children, youth, adults, and adults with chronic illnesses in English and Spanish for the following organizations:
Girl Scouts of the Desert Southwest º Ysleta Independent School District º Mercado Mayapan º Project Vida Health Center º City of El Paso